CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

TAG! You're it!!

I haven't been blogging long, but I got tagged by Samantha at Oh the Places We'll Go.  Never one to shy away from a childhood favorite, I'm playing along.  Here we go!


1) You must post the rules.
2) Post 12 fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
3) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 12 new questions for the people you tagged.
4) Tag 12 people and link them on your post.
5) Let them know you've tagged them!


Part One: 12 Fun Facts about me...
1. I have just a minor major obsession with The Wizard of Oz.
2. I have 2 children..an 11 year old Border Collie named Maximus and a 2 year old daughter named Ellie.  They both wear me out!
3.  I don't eat hamburger.  9 words--Girl Scout field trip to a vet. Dead cow.--enough said!
4. I am the oldest of 4. 
5. My siblings, my dad and I all have names that begin with the first 5 letters of the alphabet (Andrew, Brett, Charles, David and Erica).
6. If I won the lottery, I would open a children's bookstore like the one in "You've Got Mail"!
7. My favorite colors are purple and dark green.
8. Everyone comments on how organized I am, but my car is always a wreck!
9. I've taught for 14 years, all but one of them in Kindergarten.
10. I worked for the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education for the state of Missouri as a STARR (Select Teachers As Regional Resources) teacher from 2007-2008.
11. My day doesn't start without at least one cup of coffee.
12. I almost didn't graduate from my Masters program due to a fluke with my comp exam.


Part Two: Questions I Answered.
1. What is your favorite thing to teach?
Phonemic awareness...it's were my creativity usually comes into play.
2. What state are you in?
Missouri
3. What is your favorite song?
"Austin" by Blake Shelton.  I'm a hopeless romantic.
4. If you won the lottery, what would you do with it?
Open a children's bookstore  :)
5. What is your favorite grade to teach?
Kindergarten
6. What do you dread teaching?
Math because I am not very good at it myself.
7. What is your favorite teaching memory?
One year for Christmas, a student came in after school to give me a gift.  I opened it and was oohing and aahing over it and the little girl said, "Ms. D, there's more under the paper."  I pulled back the tissue paper and there were treats...for my dog!  I talked about him so much she told her mom that she needed to get him a present too!
8. If you were to do something other than teaching, what would it be?
Probably product development for an educational company.  I love making stuff!
9. What is your favorite book?
Kids book...My Father's Dragon.  Adult book...Educating Esme.
10. What is the best lesson you ever taught?
Wow...it would have to be the weather/Wizard of Oz unit I did last year.  My kids got so into it as we learned about rainbows and tornadoes then wrote a piece about each.  I made the COOLEST Wizard of Oz bulletin board out of it!
11. What was the worst lesson you ever taught?
I laugh and say anything math related!
12. What do you do for fun?
With a 2 year old...sleep!  LOL

Part Three: New Questions for the ones I've tagged
1. What is a constructive way you handle stress?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What one word would you use to describe your teaching style?
4. How often do you blog?
5. Who is your idol?
6. Have you ever had a bad habit that you have now overcome?
7. Is there a smell that you can’t tolerate?
8. What are some of your favorite smells?
9. What’s your favorite kind of movie?
10. If you could move anywhere, where would it be?
11. What was your favorite book as a child?
12.  Cat or dog?


Part Four: Tag! Your it!
(I only did 10...sorry!)

No comments:

Post a Comment