CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 9, 2012

Childhood Games

Well, we just got back from Easter Break, I had a sub on Thursday and a MAP kick-off assembly this morning and my desk is covered with notes and papers that need attention.  So what am I doing?  Blog stalking and playing a childhood favorite!  I've got my priorities straight, right?  Ha!


Kaci at Mrs. Hoffer's Spot TAGGED me and so I am playing along.  I have to answer 10 questions from her about myself and in turn, tag others to play.  Here are Kaci's questions for me!

1. What made you want to be a teacher? I have a lot of teachers in my family and I always loved being around and working with kids.  When I was a sophomore in High School, my elementary principal asked me to volunteer in Kindergarten at Summer School.  Thus, the love began...
2. What is your most used school supply? My Mr. Sketch smelly markers...nothing quite as motivating as a smelly smiley! 
3. Where is your favorite school supply store? Sadly, it is 4 1/2 hours away in Columbia, MO...Ann's Teacher Store.  I LOVE THAT PLACE!  My sister went to law school at MU and I also had a lot of my STARR training there, so it was a must for me to stop there when I was in town.
4. What blog inspired you to start your blog?  Actually, it was a former colleague.  She started one and I just had to too!
5. What is your favorite standard to teach?  I love teaching anything with phonemic awareness...it's the one area that I let my creativity take over.
6. What is your most memorable moment in teaching? Last year, I was offered a job in my new district but was then put on hold after the May 22 tornado.  The last day of school was very emotional...I wasn't sure if I was leaving or staying and my kids were really confused.  As we walked to the bus, I gave each of my kiddos a big hug and an "I love you".  One little boy, who was never showed any emotional (Little Mr. Tough Guy), grabbed me, started bawling and wailed, "Please, don't go!!!".  I lost it right then and there! 
7. Do you create on TpT? If so, what is your favorite item?  Not yet, but I would love to.  I have insomnia so I have the time....lol!
8. Do you use centers? If so, how do you manage them?  I need to differentiate my "centers" and "work stations".  To me, centers are the developmental, "play" type areas...house, blocks, Art, etc.
Those, sadly, I do not have although I have in the past.  I use work stations, literacy and math, during my small group time.  I have 13 areas where groups of 2-3 students rotate through.  It takes about a week to get through them all.  We are up to 2 stations a day for 15-20ish minutes each.
9. What are your big plans for summer?  I'm boring...and poor!  Summer School, then about 3 weeks for playing with Little Miss El and the pooch before my year starts back up!
10. Are you counting down to summer?  Who, me?  No.  I'm not one of those people who know there are 29 days left...me....never!


Now, it's my turn to tag!
 



And my 10 questions:
1.  What made you want to become a teacher?
2.  What are your hobbies?
3.  What one piece of advice would you give a new teacher on the first day of school?
4.  If you weren't teaching, what would you like to do for a career?

5.  Teaching pet peeves?
6.  Do you still write a newsletter?

7.  If so, how often?
8.  What is the one thing you can't live without (teaching-wise)?
9.  What one professional resource do you use often?
10.  How many days are left in your year?


Can't wait to see what these ladies have to say!  Tag...you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment