CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 14, 2013

If you want them to learn, you have to bait the hook! (with a FREEBIE!!)

I {big puffy heart} Spring!  Not only does it mean ice, snow and cold are gone, but I get to teach some of my all time favorite units--weather, insects, frogs and for the last two weeks-plants, seeds and worms!  We have had so much fun learning about the needs of a seed, parts and functions of a plant and worms. 

Our week starts with a poem:
Then we started learning about the parts and functions of a plant using the one thing I saved from my college days:
The students made their own version:

They turn out so adorable!!
We also wrote about growing our own garden:
We also sequenced this life cycle of a plant using my Plant Life Cycle pack.  Click here to see it for yourself!


The next week we learned about a plant's helper, the wiggly worm!  Here's a few highlights!
Gummy Worm addition and subtraction game:
Apples and Worms ending sound review:
And my NUMBER ONE!!, absolute favorite activity all year....a "wormology" lesson!
Observation:
Measurement:
Recording our findings:
And the release!
Click here for my wormology sheet!
 
Up next...insects!







No comments:

Post a Comment